Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Name Game...

At the request of my homie G, I pulled this boog from Meta's Myspace page. It's an oldie from last summer regarding how my alter ego "Merta" got her last name...and that reminds me that I ought to write about why my alter ego is named "Merta"...maybe later...

Tuesday, June 17, 2008
I’m changing my name...


So one week after Cyndi Lauper called me "Neta" and I did not correct her, I discovered yet another play on my name, this time on my last name. I came into my office this morning after missing work yesterday(I was on my way home from a smashing trip to San Francisco) and I saw a piece of mail on my keyboard...addressed to "Meta Kufle". After I calmed down from my hysterical laughter(Kufle is hilarious, especially if you say it out loud...try it), I tried to figure out how this chick came up with Kufle as my last name. We spoke on the phone, and I gave her my name and she sends the mail to "Meta Kufle". I could understand if she sent it to "Meta Kroger", or "Meta Crocker" or "Meta Kruncher", but Kufle is nowhere near the same as Kroker, it's not even close! Was she sitting there like "Well I'll be, I can't remember that Meta girl's last name. I know it had a 'K' sound at the beginning...Kufle...that sounds right". There is a very bright side to this name kerfuffle. As some of you know, my alter-ego who does stupid shit and says embarrassing things is named "Merta"...well people, now Merta has a last name. So when I act a fool, please use my proper name when addressing me...Merta Kufle.
Sincerely,
Meta aka "Merta Kufle"

No comments:

Post a Comment