Friday, March 13, 2009

TAPS...

I would like to take a moment to share with you that my digital pet crab Ike has pooped for the last time. Sadly, this world lost it's greatest digital crab, ironically, during last night's episode of ER. He was in good spirits, I had just fed him pizza and was getting ready to play with him, but I got no response from him when I pressed the "Play" button. I tried pressing other buttons, first with purpose, then frantically when I realized Ike wasn't making any noise. I then placed him on the table, pushed a few rounds of EPI, attempted CPR, but to no avail. Finally, Joy came over, gave me the Brandon Walsh Neck-Hold and said "You gotta let him go, Meta. You just gotta let him go". Then, wearing my snug fitting flight suit, I held Ike's dog tags for the last time, rubbed my thumb over them, and chucked them meaningfully into the ocean. Oh wait, that was Cruise in Top Gun. I actually just left Ike on the coffee table and pondered whether or not I should change his battery.

So goodbye for now, my crabby friend. You were at times annoying, at times amusing, at times full of crap...literally...but at all times, you were my friend.

1 comment:

  1. I know it was hard Meta, but you had to let him go. BTW, he is laying on our dresser. We better get him embalmed soon before he starts to smell like rotting crab!!! RIP IKE, RIP...

    ReplyDelete