Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This way...

I miss Kathy. I do. I miss her so much, in the pit of my stomach, in the nooks of my heart, I miss her more than I imagined I could or would. It's funny, I find myself wondering what right do I have missing her this way? I didn't know her favorite color, or band, or food, or movie, I really only knew her birthday because of her death, I missed her going away party when she left for Alaska, so what right do I have missing her this way? What right do I have writing about missing her this way? She was such an epic figure, full of life, and hilarity, and just all good things, how can I help but to miss her this way? Part of her beauty was making everyone she met feel special, feel connected...we are all missing her this way.

And now, in the sadness of missing her, I'm remembering her, I'm feeling the sheer luck of knowing her, I'm recalling the happiness of being her friend, a smile is spreading across my face, one that cannot be helped, and I'm beaming. No one else's memory can make me smile this way.

4 comments:

  1. Well said, dear friend.

    I don't even know how to begin to miss her. It seems like too big a task sometimes.

    But you're right: she was such a positive force that we can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you wrote about this, Lou, and I commend you for it, as well.

    I wish I could have met this person that was so special to you and to Dre.

    I would love to hear more about her and your feelings about her, the loss of her, everything, in the future, if you feel it's right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meta I miss her too. She was so funny and is so funny up top. She is probably dancing and hustling God in a game of pool.

    ReplyDelete